Skip to main content

What can I do if work is already complete?

If you didn’t apply for building regulations at the time the works were carried out, you can apply to have the work regularised by us. However, the work must have taken place after 10 November 1985.

A Regularisation application may mean that work has to be opened up or additional information provided.  There is no guarantee that we will then issue a regularisation certificate. This will depend on the standard of the work meeting the building regulations at that time and all the necessary information being supplied.

To find out how to regularise older works, please read our advice on types of applications.