Skip to main content

Our homeowner webinar here, explains about the separate planning and building control application processes and what types of projects they are needed for. Once you know which type of application you need to make, you can apply in one of the following ways:


The quickest and simplest way to apply is through the Planning Portal building control application service. If it is the first time you have used the portal you will need to create an account. You can then make an application online and add any plans and calculations.

After receiving your application we will email you details of how to pay your building control fee. Once payment has been made we will validate your application and advise you of the stages in the building regulations process.

Downloadable forms

You can download a form to email to us using one of the pdf links below.

Email your completed application form and any attachments to us at and our business support team will then check the application details and email you a link to make an online fee payment. 

You can post an application to us however applications received in this way will take longer to process. Please send your completed form and any attachments (but no cheque) to us at Southern Building Control Partnership, Tandridge District Council, Council Offices, Station Road East, Oxted RH8 0BT

Please note that during the current pandemic we would ask that you call us first on 0330 024 9355 to ensure we are able to access the office to collect your application.

Demolition Notice

There is no fee payable for a Demolition Notice but you should make sure we receive the Notice six weeks before demolition takes place to allow time to notify utilities and adjacent properties. The easiest way to submit this is via our online form. See further information here.

Once you've made your application

How we communicate with you

In our drive to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly, we check plans and store applications electronically. We communicate with you or your agent/builder via email, unless you let us know otherwise in your application form.