Skip to main content

Make a Building Regs application

Apply Now

The Party Wall Act

If you are proposing to start work covered by the Party Wall Act, as the homeowner, you must give adjoining owners notice of your intentions as set down in the Act. Adjoining owners can agree or disagree with what is proposed and if they disagree, the Act provides a mechanism for resolving disputes.

The Act is separate from obtaining planning permission or building regulations approval.

Building control has no involvement in the Party Wall Act. Read more about the Act here or if you wish to contact a Party Wall Surveyor visit the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors .